To: All Tri-Lakes Services, Inc. Employees
From: John Helms
Re: Pre-Approval Request before traveling outside of a 60 mile radius.
Shelter in place requirements are growing daily with respect to the COVID-19 virus. In an effort to reduce exposure of mill population to the virus, Tri-Lakes Services, Inc. now requires the following:
Effective March 27, 2020 for all employees,
- For entrance into the International Paper Mill in Valliant, OK
- Anyone that travels further than a 60 mile radius from the mill, including off days, must be pre-approved by John Helms, or re-entry into the mill will be denied
- The travel, reason, and activity around the travel mist be disclosed
- The goal is to prevent travel to population centers and activities that can expose people to the virus
Please make sure that you, as a TLS employee, fill out a Pre-Approval Request Form in order to travel outside of the 60 miles radius from the IP mill in Valliant, OK. You are to turn in your request form to John and/or Evelyn Helms. Depending on the destination, you may need approval to return to work as well.
If your home is further than 60 miles, a single entry form is sufficient for on-going travel to and from your home. We ask that you please support this action and be aware as conditions change, TLS may be required to change as well.
Thank you for your support during this pandemic.
Tri-Lakes Services, Inc.
Coronavirus & COVID-19
What is the Coronavirus?
- Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses which may cause illness in animals or humans.
- In humans, several coronaviruses are known to cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
- The most recently discovered coronavirus causes coronavirus disease COVID-19
What is COVID-19?
- COVID-19 is the infectious disease caused by the most recently discovered coronavirus.
- This new virus and disease were unknown before the outbreak began in Wuhan, China in December 2019.
- Body Aches
- Shortness of breath
- Sometimes vomiting & diarrhea
It can be mild or severe and even fatal in some cases.
- Can be spread from person to person through droplets in the air from an infected person by them coughing, sneezing, or talking.
- It can spread several days before symptoms appear
- Neither virus is treatable with antibiotics, which only work on bacterial infections.
- Both are treated by addressing symptoms, such as reducing fever.
- Severe cases may require hospitalization and support such as mechanical ventilation.
- Frequent & thorough hand washing.
- Covering your nose when sneezing & coughing into the crook of your elbow.
- Staying home as much as possible.
- Limiting contact with people who are infected or have reason to believe they might have come into contact with anyone who is.
The virus can persist on inanimate surfaces like metal, glass, or plastic for up to 9 days, but can be efficiently inactivated by surface disinfection procedures with 62-71% ethanol, 0.5% hydrogen peroxide or 0.1% sodium hypochlorite within 1 minute.
PLEASE STAY HOME DURING THIS PANDEMIC IF POSSIBLE.
Stay well. Stay safe.