CHANGES TO INTERNATIONAL PAPER’S MASK POLICY
Effective August 9, 2021
In response to the most recent CDC guidance regarding COVID-19, IP is adjusting it’s mask policy for ALL facilities.
The following changes have been made effective at the Valliant, OK Mill Monday, August 9th.
- Surgical style masks will be required indoors AT ALL TIMES for all employees, contractors and visitors regardless of vaccination status.
- All employees, regardless of vaccination status, must list close contacts daily using the Survey Monkey located at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CloseContact
What’s considered indoors?
- Any air conditioned space
What if I am outdoors?
- Wear a mask when you are within 6 feet of anyone outdoors
Why is the IP Mask Policy changing?
- Positive cases of COVID-19 are increasing across all all IP facilities
- Despite the effectiveness of vaccination at preventing severe illness and death, vaccination rates remain extremely low in IP facilities and within the communities where we operate
- The Delta Varriant is highly contagious. While the COVID-19 vaccine offered protection from severity of illness, there are rare instances of vaccinated individuals becoming infected, in which they become contagious
- The Delta Varriant, coupled with low vaccination rates, presents a significant health risk to our employees, our business and our livelihood